Saturday, January 8, 2011

Linda's Baby Shower

This weekend I actually spent the whole afternoon without Calvin. One of my sister's high school friends, Linda, was having her baby shower today. I think it was probably the longest time I've spent away from him since he was born.


I prepared a couple of gifts for the shower. First, there was the more traditional diaper cake. It was a wicker basket filled with diapers and wipes, covered with a receiving blanket, topped with more diapers, and decorated with some baby mittens, socks and teether toys.


Next, was a little baby carriage. This one I made out of 2 small baskets and a crib sheet, filled it with diapers and put in a little toy lamb wearing a baby Halo Sleep sack and holding some toy keys.




I had a bunch of diapers left over, so I put together a diaper bouquet. At least I tried to make it look like a bouquet. And it was topped with a gift card to the spa, because with all the gifts you get for the baby at a baby shower, sometimes it's nice to have something for the mom too.



It kind of looks like a flower, right?


The baby shower was at a restaurant in New Brunswick called Panicos. Mandy and some of her other friends were already at the restaurant when I arrived getting everything setup before Linda arrived. The theme for the shower was "Candy Land", so all of the tables were decorated with candy centerpieces.


They served chicken with capers, salmon and a cheese and pasta dish.


The gift table was piled high with gifts.




They had tied balloons to some of the chairs so the room looked very festive. Can you tell from all the pink that Linda is having a girl?



For dessert they had cannolis and cheesecake. They served it on top of a mirror, which I'd never seen done before. It was a really nice presentatin.



While people were eating we played some baby shower games, including the yarn game where everybody cuts a piece of string to try and guess the size of the mommy-to-be's baby belly. We took a group picture of the people who got the closest. I actually had the closest guess - I was only off by less than half an inch!


After all the games and the gift opening there was cake too. The cake was huge and it was so nicely decorated.


I spent a lot of the baby shower taking pictures for Linda with her camera. Then I realized I didn't really get many pictures of the mommy-to-be on my camera (-__-)
We did take a group "Prep" picture - all alumni from the same high school.
(Nicole, Archana, Linda - mommy-to-be, Aisha, Liz, Mandy, me and George)

No comments: