Sunday, August 7, 2011

Pool Time in Bridgewater

Mandy invited us over to have lunch, hang out and take the kiddies to the pool in their complex. They have extra passes they can use and we haven't gone yet all summer.

We brought some cold noodles that my mom made and some KFC - gotta love fried chicken! Mandy and Tam had made a giant play pen by putting together pieces for 2 child safety gates and filling the inside with pillows. It was so big you could have fit all the adults in there with the babies. We stuck Calvin and Maddy in there while the adults ate. Calvin did not appreciate being in the playpen at all...



Once I finished eating I sat Calvin down for his lunch. Maddy usually doesn't eat much solid food, but I guess food is always more interesting when someone else is eating it. Calvin loves his food and is not much into sharing, so you can imagine how happy he was to share his food...He kept looking at Maddy like "are you eating my food?!" And then he would look at me with the "mom, are you really giving away my food?!" look.





Phil and I taking turns watching Calvin in the play pen.





After lunch we just hung around in the basement having fun with the babies. Mandy and Tam have a treadmill in their basement, so we had a little fun...I know it's probably a horrible thing to do to your baby, but it was just so darn cute.





Mandy and Tam had bought a new floaty device for Maddy to use in the pool - it's her very first car! Super pink and very Flinstones-esque since her feet poke out the bottom.



Even Calvin had a turn...



After lunch we decided to head over to the pool. Maddy and Calvin were ready to go! This was of course before Calvin peed all over Phil, me and the floor...I guess those swim diapers really aren't that absorbent...



My mom had to push an entire stroller full of stuff for the pool - mostly just the floaties and towels for everyone. She's playing peek-a-boo through the leg holes.



Calvin was afraid of the water the first time he ever went into a pool, but he loves it now. He especially loves splashing himself in the face.















Drying off with Maddy after a dip in the pool.



It seemed like the babies had a good time. We'll have to remember to do this earlier in the summer next year, so we can get in more pool time for the kids.

No comments: