Monday, October 13, 2008

Another Wedding, Another Rehearsal

It's only been a couple weeks, but this past weekend was time for another Wedding. This time my sister was the one to tie the knot. The wedding took place at a yacht club in White Plains, NY. Here are some pictures of the rehearsal.

This is the area outside the yacht club where the ceremony was held. With a lovely view of the water. The proud parents.
The flower girls - our cousin's twin daughters, Phoebe and Sarah.
Tam's mom and sister.
The bridesmaids and groomsmen - all 11 of us! Well, you can't see all of us and I'm behind the camera...but there really were 11 of us. Tam and his brother practicing their wedding ceremony stand.
My sister's practice walk down the aisle with our Uncle TiP.

After the rehearsal at the yacht club we headed to downtown White Plains for a rehearsal dinner with the wedding party and some of my relatives from out of town. Since Mandy and Tam decided to do American style food at the wedding they saved the traditional 10-course Chinese dinner for the rehearsal dinner. I got distracted, so I didn't get pictures of all the food, but you get the idea...





At the rehearsal dinner Phil got a chance to hang out with some of the kids who he hasn't seen since my family reunion last summer. Here he is with James - competing over whose tongue changed colors more from the lollipops.
The bride and bridesmaids: me, Kim, Nicole, Mandy, Archana, and Linda
Me, Mandy and Mom.
A picture of the happy couple back at the hotel.
After the rehearsal dinner a bunch of the bridesmaids went outside the hotel by the indoor pool and made some smores! This is the second wedding in the past month that I've been part of where we've made smores the night before the wedding. I'm sensing a new trend coming on.
What makes it even better is that we roasted our marshmallows over a fire pit ^__^
I'm sure if the guy that turned on the fire for us knew what we were planning on doing he would have stopped us, but luckily for us he seemed unaware.
But the smores were just as good.
The girls on a post smore sugar rush. (me, Mandy, Nicole and Linda)

No comments: