Friday, October 17, 2008

Visitors from Taiwan

My aunt and uncle from Taiwan came to visit for my sister's wedding. Since they have never been to the US before they decided to stay for a couple weeks after the wedding to do some sight-seeing. My mom has been taking them on tours of Niagra Falls and DC. I went to a park nearby to take some pictures with them before we headed off to brunch.

After brunch I dropped them back off at my family's house, and my aunt was showing me a giant Chinese veggie she found in my mom's garden. It was hiding under some bushes. Not sure if the picture does it proper justice, but it was huge! And supposedly it's not even ripe yet.
This is the Winnie the Pooh that guards my mom's garden. My uncle was wondering why Winnie the Pooh didn't tell us about the giant veggie. I think it's because he wanted to keep it for himself...
Here is my aunt picking some of the tomatoes from my mom's garden. I think she even found a strawberry that the squirrels hadn't eaten yet.
This is a giant green bean that's growing off the fence in my mom's backyard. Who knew green beans got that big!
And she apparently also has some squash growing. Last time I looked at my mom's garden I only remember seeing tomatoes and strawberries. It seems she has expanded her horizons. Who knows what she'll start growing next.
Once Phil and I get settled maybe we'll start a little garden of our own...

2 comments:

Tim said...

Once Phil and I get settled maybe we'll start a little garden of our own...

Yes. And apparently grow mutant huge veggies...

(>__<)

Unknown said...

haha, your mom is so much like my mom....grows her own veggies around the house...takes her sister who never visited the US to tour niagara falls....DC....NYC....