Sunday, February 22, 2009

Vietnamese food + cute puppy = fun Saturday

This weekend it was back into the city to hang out with Phil's family. His cousin Lea is in town for the weekend, so we all met up at a Vietnamese restaurant in Chinatown called Nam Son.
I think this is the same restaurant chain that I went to with friends back in December.

Here are Phil's mom and Lea getting ready for some good eats.

Phil's ready for some good eats too - no surprise there though. ^__^

They had very nice decor there. Not sure how authentically Vietnamese it is, but still nice.

We ordered tons of food (as usual)...It may not look like a lot but there were only 7 of us. I don't know, it seemed like a lot to me. Plus there's a dish of stir fry noodles that's missing from the picture.
There was pork chop in a nice sweet sauce and sour veggies on the side.

Some Vietnamese Phở - 4 giant bowls in total, with some bread for dipping.

And beef with vermicelli noodles (at least that's what I think it is...) that you wrap in lettuce leaves. This one was my personal favorite.

After lunch Phil went to get his haircut, and I took a walk with his cousins to look for Almond Roca candies and get ideas for wedding favors. While we were walking we passed by a restaurant where someone had left their dogs tied outside while they ate. One of the dogs was so adorable!!
Isn't he cute?
After I met back up with Phil we did some hotel shopping in Flushing for the wedding, and then headed back to his parent's house for dinner.
And what would a trip to NY be without groceries to bring home? I promise I'll try not to make this a weekly habit, but there was so much food this week I had to take a picture.

Here is the before...I know it looks empty, but there was almost enough to get us through the next week (there are only 2 of us...), so the plan was just to bring a little bit of food back from NY...

This is what we ended up with...
3 containers of soup, 2 containers of cow tail, over a dozen oranges, and over 2 dozen apples...
I'm not really sure what we're going to do with that many apples and oranges between the two of us...



Doesn't it kind of look like the bottom shelf is starting to strain under the weight? I think we need a more heavy duty fridge...

No comments: