Sunday, February 22, 2009

Bridgewater

After a day in the city, we spent Sunday in Bridgewater, NJ to check out my sister's new place. Here we are with my sister and my brother-in-law, Tam, in front of their new town house.
As you can see, my sister is very excited about the new place.
Don't the floors look shiny? Apparently Tam's mom is as into cleaning as Phil's mom is. My sister suggested they have a clean off or start a business together.
Now it's time for the grand tour.


There was a nice little half bath in the front entrance by the door.

Straight ahead from the front door is the living room, with the gigantic windows and vaulted ceiling.
Off to the left of the living room is the formal dining room.


The dining room leads into the kitchen, with a small balcony on the other side of the sliding glass doors.
Next we took a look at the basement. Very open with plenty of space.
That's my mom - trying to emphasize how much space there is. Either that or contemplating doing a cartwheel...
Next we visited the upstairs. There's a nice loft-like feeling from the stairs as you look down into the living room.

Upstairs there are 2 rooms. This one is the second bedroom, which I think my mom has claimed for her own when she comes to visit.


Next is the master bedroom. They just painted the walls a pale green. Definitely not as obnoxious a green as our room...Although I think the pink carpet will have to go.


The master bedroom has a master bathroom. Complete with tub and standing shower. Phil was having a hard time trying to figure out how to get in and out of the tub...

After we finished our tour Tam was excited to have Phil try out a new game he had on the XBox.
While he was playing their iRobot randomly came out of its docking station and tried to attack Phil's foot. Apparently the iRobot knows unclean when it sees (or smells) it. ^__^
Once the boys were done entertaining themselves with video games we headed into downtown Somerset for some lunch. We stopped at a Japanese restaurant called Yukata.
The decor was very nice so I made Phil take a picture with me.


Here are my mom and my sister.

We all ordered box lunches, except for my mom who went for the sushi.
Like most Japanese restaurants our lunches came with a bowl of miso soup and salad.

The food had nice presentation. This was my mom's sushi dish.
Like the decor, everything looked nice, but the food was only so-so.

Phil had Tempura....

My sister had Chicken Katsu, which is basically chicken that is breaded and fried.

I had the Chicken Terriyaki.
And Tam had the Beef Negimaki, but the picture was a bad angle, so you don't get to see that one.

Overall the lunch was OK, but we definitely liked Fujiyama Mama's better. Phil and I are still waiting to take my family there for half-price sushi sometime. Stay tuned for more food and adventures...

No comments: