Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Maloney's

Thursday night we headed out to Matawan for dinner at Maloney's Pub & Grill. I know, dinner out on a weekday. What can I say, Phil and I like to go crazy sometimes ^__^

One of Phil's coworkers, Mo, is actually part owner of this newly opened pub. So I tagged along with Phil and a couple of his coworkers to grab a bite to eat and check the place out.

We drove down to the pub and met up with Mo and Joanna. Here they are posing next to the pub-warming plant Joanna brought.


Now that I'm going through the pictures, I probably should have taken more pictures of the place itself...but I did take a picture of the beer list, which by the way has 250 different types of beer. Who knew there were so many different kinds of beer! (clearly I'm not a beer drinker).

Despite Phil's aversion to alcohol I convinced him (with some help from Mo and Joanna) to share a beer with me. We ordered the banana bread beer. I thought it was pretty good, but Phil thought it just tasted like any other beer.

Then it was time for the food. I ordered a dish called "Bangers and Mash". There were 3 different types of sausage over a mound of mash potatoes. Careful - one of the sausages was very spicy...


Phil had the Shephard's Pie, which according to Mo no one has ever finished...until now...


I can't remember what Mo ordered, but I think it was a steak sandwich of sorts, with the infamous tater-tots. Don't tater-tots just bring you back to grade school cafeteria lunch? ^__^


Joanna had the corned beef sandwich. Doesn't the melty cheese on top look good?

There was tons of food, so by the end everyone still had food left on their plate (except for Phil of course). Now, normally when we go out to eat Phil usually finishes whatever I don't. But apparently he must have been pretty hungry because he finished everyone else's food too. Every time the waitress came by to take away a plate Phil kept telling her he was still eating. She must have stopped by at least 4 times. In fact, she was so impressed by Phil's eating skills she came back with a hand-made "Maloney's Champ!" sign - complete with little pictures of food at the bottom. Leave it to Phil to make his eating skills known wherever he goes.

No comments: