Monday, March 2, 2009

Fujiyama Mama w/ the Lins

Phil and I finally got a chance to take my family out to try Fujiyama Mama. The trip was highly anticipated considering the so-so Japanese food we had last weekend. Plus it's half-price lunch on Saturday. What could be better than half-price sushi?

We drove separately, so Phil and I got there first after running some errands. We waited just inside the front entrance where they had an entire wall with pictures of their different sushi dishes. They have some interesting sounding sushi rolls, like the Mind Eraser (tuna, salmon, lobster, avocado, jalepeno & crab meat) and Funky Monkey (eel & banana). The sushi rolls we had weren't quite as crazy...

Phil was very excited for half-price sushi.

Now, some people who know us may be surprised that Phil and I actually ordered sushi considering neither of us really eat fish (I know, not very Chinese/Taiwanese of us)...But surprisingly they have quite a few non-fish-eating friendly rolls.
I had the Calamari roll, Sweet Potato roll (tempura style sweet potato), Yasai (aka Veggie) roll, and Spider roll (soft shell crab).

Phil had the California roll, Shitake Asparagus roll, Shrimp Tempura roll and Scallop roll.
My mom and my sister ordered together, but don't ask me what they ordered. I know there's a Spider roll in there, a squid roll of some type and I think salmon...

Very tasty. Maybe next time we come back we'll go for the half-price hibachi!

After lunch I had my sister come over to help me with wedding invitations. Never have I used so much ribbon...This is a pile of our wedding invitations in progress. You can see the huge pile of ribbon spools in the background.

Almost done...I even enlisted Phil's folding skills. He's so helpful ^__^

No comments: