Monday, June 15, 2009

The Wedding Extravaganza!

We're back!! A lot has happened since the last post, so I'll try my best to get everyone caught up.

May 23rd was the wedding extravaganza. There was tons of food and games, and plenty of bling...We had a traditional tea ceremony where I poured tea for Phil's family in exchange for red envelopes and gold.

I think Phil got a little red envelope happy...


This is a picture of us before the reception outside my mom's house in NJ.


Phil put together a wedding slideshow of the two of us. Unfortunately only half the room got to see it...Until I can figure out where I else I can post the slideshow other than YouTube, here's a copy without sound...although the music is one of the best parts in my opinion. (I finally figured out how to post videos here - yea! I know I'm a little slow...)




Cantonese weddings are known for their wedding games that typically aim to challenge and embarrass the bride and groom. Our's was no exception. In addition to a girl's only limbo game, there was a "chopstick game" for the guys. Basically the groom along with other guys from the reception have a chopstick tied around their waist, stand on some chairs and try to lower their bodies to get the chopstick inside a beer bottle...not as easy as it might sound, but extremely funny to watch. Here's a video courtesy of our friends from Ohio Diary:




Check out more pictures of the wedding:
http://picasaweb.google.com/th0nderkitty/Wedding?feat=directlink


You can also check out a post about the wedding on Ohio Diary!http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/ohiodiary1/article?mid=2374&prev=2398&next=2343

No comments: