Sunday, April 25, 2010

Blue Man Group

Phil and I had a ticketmaster gift card left over from the wedding, so I ordered us tickets to see the Blue Man Group. I had heard a lot of good things, but never had a chance to go see them. Before the show we headed to Congee Village for lunch with just the 2 of us. We ordered some beef chow fun noodles, scallion pancake and fried dumplings.



We weren't allowed to take pictures at Blue Man Group, and I didn't get a chance to take any after the show, but I thought it was really good. Surprisingly Phil still fell asleep - I thought for sure this was a show he'd stay awake for, but I guess his sleeping is not just for musicals and plays.

After the show we stopped by a rice pudding place called Rice to Riches that our friend, Steve, recommended to us. It looks very fancy and hip from the outside.


We ordered the mango rice pudding with strawberry topping. I thought it was delicious, but Phil seemed to like the strawberry topping better than the rice pudding. Maybe he would have liked it better if we ordered a chocolate rice pudding...next time...

Time to chow down! ^__^

Afterwards we headed back to Phil's parents' house for dinner. Phil's mom made lobster for his birthday. She also cooked some veggies and there was some roast pork and chicken she picked up from Chinatown.

2 comments:

Tim said...

He...he fell asleep during the Blue Man Group??!!! HOW??? That show is LOUD!!

Not sure which one you saw (the concert one or the one with the marshmallow tossing) but they are both pretty loud and interactive. Wow...I'm...well...I'm impressed...

(>_<)

Oh well. I hope you enjoyed it! :)

T said...

Yea...the volume was clearly not an issue. Phil has ceased to surprise me with his sleeping capabilities.

We went to see the non-concert one with the marshmallow tossing. I found it enjoyable ^__^