Friday, September 17, 2010

Calvin's First Play Date

In preparation for Calvin's 1-month celebration I decided to take him on a pre-mini trip to Auntie Mandy's. I figured this would be a good warm up trip for him before the big trek out to New York in a week. Mandy's cousin-in-law (not sure if that's an actual term, but you get what I mean so I'm just going to roll with it) was visiting with her 3 month old, so we decided to make it a play date of sorts, though it was more like a get together for recent and, in my sister's case, soon-to-be moms so we could swap stories.

Mandy is due on October 8th, so her baby belly is getting bigger every day. Soon Calvin will be able to meet his cousin Madeline.


Mandy showed us Tam's new creation for the baby. It's a folding baby changing station that he built above the toilet in the guest bathroom. When open it folds down over the toilet so you can change the baby. And since they're using the re-usable g-Diapers (a cross between cloth and disposable diapers) the toilet is right there for them to flush the disposable inserts.


Then when you're done the whole thing folds up so the toilet is free for use.


Next we went to check out the finished nursery. Mandy and Tam had especially ordered a bedding set from somewhere in England and had it shipped over.


It came with curtains and this cute bunny curtain tie.

The pattern of the bedding set is simple but cute.


Overall it was a successful first outing for Calvin. Luckily I had my mom with me to help.

I was a little tired after I got home, so I left the baby with Phil once he came home from work. And this is what you get when you leave the baby alone with Phil for too long...baby ends up in the laundry basket...

No comments: