Saturday, October 22, 2011

Mom's Birthday at Fujiyama Mama

For my mom's birthday we went out to the Japanese restaurant Fujiyama Mama in Westfield since she loves Japanese food. Grandma posing with her grandkids, all dressed up for grandma's birthday.



We had hibachi, but we also ordered some special sushi dishes for my mom. I forget which one this was, but it had some tuna I think, topped with fish eggs. It was a little spicy, but surprisingly good (especially considering I don't eat sushi, but something that pretty you can't help but try it!).

My sister also ordered another sushi. I think this one was called dragon eye? It was sushi wrapped in avocado slices. This one was also pretty good.

And of course we ordered the standard california rolls.

Our chef was actually Fukanese. I don't think I've ever been to a hibachi where the chef was actually Japanese...


Maddy and Calvin got to see their first onion volcano. Calvin got pretty scared.

After lunch we went to Target with my mom. I know, nothing really exciting about going to Target, but it was the first time we let Calvin sit in one of those shopping carts. He looks like such a big boy sitting in the cart. He loved it so much he didn't want to get out when it was time to go.

No comments: