Saturday, October 8, 2011

Wedding Shower at City Tavern

A friend of ours, Ghimel, is getting married in December. Her mom and sister-in-law threw her a wedding shower in the city at a place called City Tavern. The downstairs is just a bar and actually looks a little dinky, but the upstairs is the restaurant area and looks much nicer. I was a little worried I was in the wrong place when I first arrived, but I could see the pink and white streamers from the full length windows on the 2nd floor.


They had decorated the tables with roses and butterfly and heart shape confetti.



There were little butterfly bookmarks on each placemate as favors. At least I'm pretty sure it's a bookmark...



Here is the happy couple, Ernest and Ghimel. They knew each other in college, and actually dated once before.



Ernest is in the army, and they decorated one of his army hats for Ghimel to wear at the shower.



Her sister-in-law, Rhina, and her mom, Nora, gave a lovely toast to the couple.





I was worried that it would be awkward because I wouldn't know anyone there (Ghimel is one of Phil's coworkers, so we don't have many mutual friends), but one of their other old coworkers, Tejal, was there too. She works for Bazooka now and brought everyone ring pops ^__^





For lunch I had their house salad. From the description it sounded like it would be good, but it was really bitter. The artichoke hearts were the only good thing about it.



For the main dish I ordered a dish called Cavatelli. It was some kind of not-quite shell shaped pasta with a tomato based sauce. It was actually decent.






The dessert was the best part. It was a coffee chip and vanilla mouse with strawberries and blueberries.



After lunch it was time to open presents. Ghimel got enough appliances and other things to furnish her entire kitchen. Which I guess is the point. Plus some nice stuff for the honeymoon ^__~




As much as I love Calvin it was definitely nice to do something non-baby related.

No comments: