Saturday, February 25, 2012

Manila - Day 6 (Greenbelt and Shangri-La)

Over the weekend I was on my own - my coworker, Daichi, had left after work on Friday. I mainly stayed in the nearby area. I debated venturing out to Manila, but hadn't really planned much in advance so I decided to just relax and do some walking and window shopping instead. My brother-in-law, Tam, had suggested I check out a hotel called Shangri La that was in my area. He said it was supposed to be really amazing. It was very pretty, but I'm not really sure what all the hype was about...
The front entrance was definitely grand though.
Out of the many malls in the area, the one I hadn't had a chance to venture out to was called Greenbelt. There are actually 5 different malls interconnected - Greenbelts 1 through 5. A lot of the mall is actually open to the outside which was nice. This is a view of one of the main entrances to Greenbelt Mall and the Greenbelt Park (the little park inside the center of all 5 malls). This was taken on outdoor walkway that connects Greenbelt to another mall across the road. Like I said before, lots of malls...
The walkway was very long to cross over the major road below.
Greenbelt Park was very nice. Lots of trees and little walkways.

There's even an open church where they hold services in the middle of Greenbelt Park. Several people from the office that we were working at actually went there during the day last week for mass.
On the ground level, there were a lot of restaurants, eateries and coffee places. Perfect for ordering a coffee or a frozen yogurt, sitting and just enjoying the nice weather ^__^



I finally ended up trying food from Jollibee, the local fast food chain. Their chicken sandwich was decent, but their flavored fries were very good - crispy, cheesy and delicious. I was a little bummed though. They had a hash brown sandwich - a burger with hash browns instead of buns - but they were all out. That would have been interesting to try.

No comments: