Sunday, February 26, 2012

Manila - Day 7 (Concert at Greenbelt)

Om Sunday I went back to Greenbelt in the evening to try one of their many restaurants. I had passed by one called "Big Buddha" that looked like it might be good.


The place was a little empty, but I was a little early for dinner. A few more of the tables started to fill up as I was eating, but I should have taken it as a sign....


The food was Chinese style. I ordered one of their noodle soups, but it was a little disappointing...I actually enjoyed the sticky chips they had for appetizers more than the actual meal O__o

There was a concert in the middle of Greenbelt Park. The performers seemed to be a Filipino band, and I was trying to figure out who was performing, but the sign in the back just said Chuck Hughes in big letters - not exactly something that sounds like a band name or a Filipino name for that matter.

It turns out Chuck Hughes is one of the Iron Chefs. The band was accompanying him while he cooked, which I thought was weird, but I found out that Chuck Hughes used to be a rocker or something like that so I guess that's why the band in the background. That brings the number of Iron Chefs I've met to two - the first was Masaharu Morimoto back in college. I have to say Masaharu Morimoto was more exciting in my opinion.


No comments: