Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Birthday in NYC

The Saturday after Thanksgiving happened to be my birthday. Phil and I spent most of the day in NYC with his family. Our first stop was to meet with another potential DJ for the wedding. Yet another Leo...must be a popular name for Chinese DJs...

Then it was off to dim sum with Phil's family at a place called Chatham Square Restaurant in Chinatown. Here are Phil's parents checking out the menu outside the restaurant.Phil's family is hilarious. Here's his Aunt making her first attempts at the "West Side" symbol. I think she was thoroughly confused about the whole thing. But doesn't she look so gangsta? ^__^
And promptly after that Phil's mom started trying to show everyone the "Ginger" symbol...Who knew that ginger had a symbol...
After dim sum, which I don't think we ended up finishing until 3pm, Phil and I walked around Chinatown with his parents doing some grocery shopping. Then it was back to Jersey for some dinner with my family. We ended up going to a Champps attached to the nearby mall.

Here we are at the restaurant (Mandy, Tam, Mom, and me).Me and Phil.
I didn't take pictures of all the food since Champps is mostly your typical American restaurant type food, but there were a couple things that had good presentation. Like my mom's salad with I think that's strips of salmon. I'm not much of a fish person, but it looks like it would be tasty if you're into the whole fish thing.

And my walnut crusted chicken with deep fried onion straws. Yum! So unhealthy and yet so good...

No comments: