Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Lunch with the Lin Family

The day after Christmas Mandy, Tam, Phil and I went to Princeton for lunch with the extended Lin family - my cousins William, Susan, John and Peter, along with their husbands/wives and kids. That whole family of cousins was in Princeton for the entire Christmas week, and the kids had put together their own version of "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas", complete with costumes and props. It sounded so cute! I wish we had been there to see it. Here's a picture of baby Jennifer with Max the dog ears.

Here's Jared. Isn't he the cutest! He's only 2, but he can already name more dinosaurs than I can.

It was pretty informal. Everyone just sat and talked, and ate of course. Here's Mandy, Joy and Jonathan enjoying some wine while Joseph tries to find someone to play with. Note the 3 bottles of wine on the table. That's not even half of what they ended up going through that afternoon. I'm not much of a wine drinker myself, but Mandy is - she definitely gets it from the Lin side of the family ^__~
My cousin Peter made roast duck for lunch. This side of the family is also the side that is really into cooking. I guess food and wine kind of go together.

Then we had Mandy's famous cranberry orange pound cake for dessert.

Now that we're back in Jersey it means we can attend more family gatherings. And that means lots of yummy food! Stay tuned for more Christmas/New Year holiday celebration pictures.

No comments: