Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cleveland Week

Last week I had to head back to Cleveland for work. Cleveland in the winter is guaranteed to be cold, and it didn't disappoint...Not to say it doesn't get cold or snow in Jersey, but it's definitely not that cold and not as much snow.

While I was in town I got a chance to hang out with some coworkers after work. After spending most of my time alone working at home it was a nice change. I spent some time hanging out with my coworker Tim. We had dinner at a Middle Eastern place called Aladdin's in Crocker Park. I could have sworn I took pictures of the food, but I guess you'll have to settle for a surprised picture of Tim dipping some hummus.

Afterwards I got to visit his (relatively) new townhouse not too far from the office. Notice all the lovely snow...
At the end of the week a group of us went out to eat at a restaurant called "Wonton Gourmet".
We bundled up baby Su-Kyi in her coat and incredibly adorable matching bunny hat, and headed out to the restaurant.

In all there were 9 of us (plus baby Su-Kyi), and boy did we eat. It probably helped that we had 5 guys with us. I think we ended up eating through 12 or 13 dishes family style. Luckily, even though the majority of the people weren't Chinese, they were very adventurous in what they were willing to eat. Every plate was practically gone as soon as it came out, so I only got to a few pictures. I was able to snag a picture of the soup, which was called something like "West Lake Beef Soup".
And I was able to get a picture of the first round of food on the table. Now imagine about 5 rounds of that...We definitely kept the restaurant busy that evening. And it still ended up being less than $100.
Here's the whole group - full and happy from the meal.
Left to right: Rebecca, Steve, Anthony, may, Kevin, Alex, baby Su-Kyi, John and Rob

3 comments:

Tim said...

...I don't remember me making a face like this...dear god... (>_<)

T said...

Sorry - like I said, I think I caught you off guard...

Blogger said...

I just got a check for $500.

Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much money you can earn taking paid surveys online...

So I took a video of myself getting paid over $500 for doing paid surveys to finally set the record straight.