Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Jersey City

On Sunday evening Phil and I headed to Jersey City for an apartment-warming party for some college friends. All of us were part of a cultural organization called ARCC (Awareness of Roots in Chinese Culture), which is actually how Phil and I originally met. ^__^

The apartments were right along the Hudson and cost over 3 times as much as our apartment in Cleveland was, with only slightly more square footage. I guess that's what happens when you live so close to NYC. We ordered in some Chinese food and pizza, and watched Slumdog Millionaire. I don't want to give anything away, but I suggest not eating while you watch the outhouse scene in the beginning of the movie...

Here are the girls: me, Michelle, Vickie, Connie, Vanessa and Yao.

After dinner and the movie we played 3+ hours of Taboo. Which was only interrupted with a short break for dessert. I had forgotten how much fun Taboo could be.

Here are Connie, Mark, Alan and Phil, probably enjoying someone's failed attempt to get the team to guess a word.

No comments: