Thursday, January 1, 2009

Fujiyama Mama

A couple weeks ago Phil introduced me to a sushi place by his work called Fujiyama Mama. They have half priced everything for lunch, including sushi, from Monday thru Saturday. I met up with Phil here once for lunch and it was pretty good, so we decided to bring Phil's family there on Sunday. His parents had never had Japanese hibachi before, so we decided to give it a try. The place was pretty empty, but the sushi chefs were still behind the counter rolling their sushi. Isn't the decor pretty?
Phil's family seemed pretty excited to try hibachi.

The hibachi chef we had was very entertaining. He had the usual onion volcano - always a hit. Although I think it scared the wits out of Phil's mom.
The best part was when the chef squirted 15~20 seconds worth of sake into Phil's mouth. I was surprised Phil agreed to do it. Apparently he thought the chef was kidding when he said sake and assumed it was water...I definitely wish I had caught that on film ^__^

No comments: