Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mandy's Birthday Dinner

My sister's birthday is coming up on the 1st. Being the busy bee she is her schedule is jam packed until October, so my mom and brother-in-law decided to have a simple birthday dinner at my mom's over the weekend. Here's my mom making salmon cakes for the first time. They're like crab cakes, but with salmon. She apparently got the recipe off of the Food Network.


I don't know the entire recipe, but I know it involves canned salmon, potatoes and bacon...


Here are some of the finished salmon cakes and some veggies she has for later.


She also made some Beef Negimaki, which is basically thin strips of marinated beef wrapped around scallion (aka green onions) that are fried. As you can probably tell this is the uncooked marinating stage.


Once all the cooking was done we had the beef negimaki, some bean sprouts and mushrooms, veggie hearts (at least that's what my mom calls them) with bacon, the salmon cakes and some sour/pickled veggies.


Mandy looks so happy. ^__^


Here's the happy family. Phil was away hanging out with some high school friends, so it was just my mom, Tam, Mandy and myself.


Afterwards Tam snuck out the surprise birthday cake and we all sang Happy Birthday.

It was a cute little ice cream cake from Carvel.


Yay birthdays! ^__^

No comments: