Sunday, August 16, 2009

New Washer!

Sunday was an exciting day at the Jerrsey Diary household. It was new washer day! We had planned to redo our laundry room during labor day weekend anyway, so we were going to wait until then to purchase any new laundry appliances. But our old washer was quickly dying - burning smell and all - so we took the plunge and bought a new washer. And boy is it fancy. It's complete with digital display, fancy buttons and noises.

Look how shiny it is!


Phil's dad helped us install the washer and we ran our first load - yay! I guess these are the little joys for homeowners...

Afterwards my mom took everyone out for dinner at a mexican restaurant nearby called Jose Tejas. You might not know it's a mexican restaurant when you see it from the highway. With the giant "Eat" sign it looks more like a diner.


They happy in-laws.



My mom tried to get Phil's mom to order an alcoholic fruity beverage, but considering his mom doesn't drink at all I persuaded her to settle for virgin strawberry daiquiris. Mommy was so sad...

Then the food came. We had ordered an appetizer of Chili and Queso dip. We didn't realize it came with chips. That might explain why the waiter looked at me funny when I asked for an extra basket of chips shortly after placing the order. The dip was very tasty.


Phil ordered the Chicken and Chorizo Etouffee. We had no idea what an Etouffee is, but apparently it's similar to cajun style gumbo. It was a little spicy, but good.


Phil's sister ordered the Steak Fajita.


I had the Beef Enchilada.


Phil's mom had the Chicken Guadalajara, which is basically chicken stuffed with cheese and peppers. I think Phil and I ordered this last time we were at this restaurant. From what I remember it was pretty good. A lot of food for one sitting though.

It's a pretty good Mexican restaurant. Be warned though that a lot of their dishes are cajun style, so they start to get a bit spicy (at least for me) after the first few bites. Not sure I've ever heard of cajun Mexican food before, but the food is still tasty none-the-less.

No comments: