Monday, September 28, 2009

Top Gun Paintballing

Work on the laundry room is finally complete - thanks to the help of Phil's dad. Pictures of that should be coming soon.

With further renovations on the house on a slight pause for the time being we had some time this weekend to go out. Saturday we headed out to a paintballing place called Top Gun with some of Phil's coworkers. A group of us met at our friend Mohamed's to head out together. Mohamed's friend Mike came along too. Not only did he bring his own paintballing gear, but he's also a hunter. He shared lots of stories about his hunting adventures...Doesn't he look kind of intimidating in his camouflage? I'm just glad he was on our team!


We ended up waiting around for over an hour for the rest of the people to show up. Everyone was getting a little antsy. Mohamed looks like he's ready to suit up.


Once everyone arrived we headed to the main building to get our gear. Which had a lovely "We don't call 91" sign in the front just in case you were worried about getting injured. Very comforting, isn't it?

Here's the whole group suited up and ready for action!


Since there were so few of us we were considered "walk-ons" and played with several other small groups. It was a lot of crouching and crawling around in the woods. I'm not even sure which team won which games...But we all had fun. Here we are with Joanna and Anand after a long day of kicking butt.


They day wasn't completely without injury. I ended up with 4 giant bruises - 1 on each arm and 2 on my right hip area. One of the bigger ones was the one on my arm, which I got during our last game. I guess that's what I get for trying to sneak up on the enemy. I look so sad.



The bruise on my arm was really swollen at first. Joanna said it was at least the size of a quarter, so we did a little comparison. It's pretty close.


After getting cleaned up a bit we headed back to Mohamed's for dinner. Here he is with his wife Maroa. Don't they make such a cute couple? ^__^


Phil and Mohamed are hanging out around the grill while Mohamed cooks up some hot dogs and hamburgers.


Check out the spread! They pulled out all the fixings.


Here's Phil chowing down on his second hot dog...or was it his third?...

Mike's wife came by with their son Gabrielle to join us for dinner. Isn't he so cute in his overalls?

At one point no one was playing with him so he pretended to be upset, but we caught him smiling secretly. So young and he already knows how to play to the crowd.


I forgot to bring my camera (I know, first outing in so long and I forget my camera...), so these pics are all courtesy of Joanna - thanks Joanna! ^__^

No comments: