Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Uncle Ringo's BBQ

My posts are a little behind I know...
On Sunday we headed to East Brunswick to Phil's Uncle Ringo's house for a Labor Day BBQ. Here's Uncle Ringo BBQing up a storm with some peppers and asparagus. So colorful!


There was tons of food including ribs and chicken. I was so full from the weekend of eating I didn't get a chance to try any, but according to Phil it was very good.



There was a second grill filled with individual wrapped ears of corn, and a rogue hot dog bun being toasted on top. I think the green things on the side are a kind of cucumber. I don't remember seeing anyone eat them though...

After chatting and eating, or watching people eat in my case, the cousins decided to play some volleyball. Here's Lucia with her game face - she meant business!
After our failed attempts at keeping the volleyball in play for more than 2 turns we took a break to eat some fruit. Check out the giant melon slice! Looking at the size of this slice I think the entire melon could probably swallow Phil's head whole. I'm not sure what kind of melon it is but it looks like it's in the cantaloupe family...just twice as big.

It started to get chilly outside so we packed up the food and headed indoors. All the parents started to show off their different exercise moves. Phil's Aunt Ruby was teaching his mom various stretches and yoga poses.



This pose looks familiar, I think I've seen it on the Wii Fit!


Then Uncle Ringo joined in. I hope they're not too full from the BBQ!

Don't try this one at home guys.

After the grown ups tired themselves out from their post-BBQ workout it was time for dessert. We had Häagen-Dazs vanilla and almond ice cream bars and homemade strawberry pound cake from Phil's Aunt Chan.


Hopefully there will be less eating this coming weekend. I'm not sure if our stomachs could take it...Ok, who am I kidding, Phil's stomach could probably take it... ^__^

No comments: