Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Freehold Lunch and Spa

On Sunday I spent the afternoon with my friend Jamie. Her birthday was on Friday so to celebrate we went to a day spa for massages. I didn't think about it at the time, but a massage after a day of paintballing ended up working out perfectly. We went to a place called Avanti in Freehold. I'm not sure if I was allowed to, but I took a picture of the quiet relaxation room inside. The couches were super comfortable.



Afterwards we grabbed a late lunch. Neither of us is really familiar with the Freehold area, so we decided to try a Japanese hibachi and sushi buffet place that we passed on the way to the day spa. It's a place called Tokyo. We stuck with the sushi buffet. It was pretty good. They had a lot of selection as far as sushi, and they had some other non-sushi stuff as well. Sorry no pictures of the food (-__-) ...

While we were eating the restaurant suddenly went dark and a strobe light flipped on in the center of the room. Jamie got really freaked out because she thought I had told the restaurant it was her birthday - unfortunately I didn't have so much forethought. Jamie managed to escape this time...


We got a picture together before we left, relaxed and full - definitely a good combination.

No comments: