Saturday, March 27, 2010

Congee Village and Doughnut Plant

Saturday was another trip to Congee Village. I've realized that a lot of these food posts are starting to blend together since we usually order the same things, so I only posted the one new dish that we ordered this time. It was the beef pan fried noodles. Other than that we had the standard Congee Village fare - garlic chicken, tofu, congee (rice porridge) and beef noodles.



Before lunch I had stopped by the Doughnut plant to pick up some dessert. Lucia and I sampled some donuts after lunch at her apartment. The classic Raspberry Jelly and one of the special flavors of the day, Fresh Orange. The Fresh Orange was very tasty.

I hung out with Lucia for a couple hours while she prepped for a dinner party later that evening. The main dish - pork leg. That is one giant hunk of meat! I never would have thought something that big could fit in the oven, but it did. I have to remember to ask Lucia how it turned out.

No comments: