Saturday, March 13, 2010

Yogee Restaurant and Baby Fun

Another weekend and another lunch in the city, with who else but Kevin and Lucia! This time we are at Yogee Restaurant. This is only the second time I've been here, but I think the food is okay. I'm not sure Phil's dad is so fond of it though.


We ordered a couple of bowls of congee (rice porridge) and the fried dough sticks (aka: yu tiao) for dipping.


We also ordered several beef noodles dishes. This one dish must have been fresh off the stove (or maybe out of the oven), you can still see the smoke rising out of the bowl.


According to the cousins the rice noodle dish tasted a little burnt, but I didn't get around to trying any myself. Maybe they were going for the "extra crispy" flavor...


And pineapple fried rice. But they used canned pineapples, so maybe not as tasty as it could have been.

After we said goodbye to the family we headed into Flushing, Queens so I could meet up with one of my old college roommates, Le, and her baby girl, Mai. We met up in a little Korean bakery on Union Street called Koryodang. I stumbled across this place when I was looking online for bakeries in the area, and the menu looked so good. But somehow the bakery wasn't quite what I had envisioned, and their menu didn't seem the same. It ended up being similar to your standard Asian bakery, just with more seating. Maybe they don't bust out the shaved ice and stuff until the weather gets warmer...
Doesn't Mai look so cute in her little jumper! If only I had gotten a picture while she was wearing the hood with the bear ears - priceless.

No comments: