Sunday, March 28, 2010

Landscaping and Red Lobster

On Sunday Phil's parents made their way into NJ for a change. They had been in the area paying respects to family and stopped over afterwards. Phil's dad helped us get rid of two shrubs in our front yard that we'd been meaning to deal with for a while. The landscaping in general in the front yard is not the greatest, but we left it the way it was for lack of time and energy. But they were ultimately too big for our liking and one of them was dying or dead and possibly attracting bugs, so it was time to say goodbye. It definitely helped that Phil's dad had an electric saw. Down went the first bush...


Then, down went the second bush...


They made it look so easy. ^__^
Now to figure out what to put in that big space left behind...


After a hard day of work (at least for Phil and his dad), we took Phil's family and my mom out for dinner at Red Lobster. It had been over 3 years since Phil and I last went back in Ohio. Phil had been craving it for weeks after seeing all of the Lobsterfest commercials on TV. Mainly I think he just wanted to try and beat his record of 7 Red Lobster cheesy biscuits (or was it 9?). And here they are in all their glory. A little bit more buttery than I remember, but still good! ^__^


My mom and Winnie. Check out the giant plates of food!

We ordered an appetizer of the lobster artichoke dip...It was really less of a dip and more like a sauce. Definitely would skip that one if we ever go again. And every dish came with a salad.


By the time the appetizer, salad and soup had come and gone I was already full. And then the main dishes came...I'm not a big seafood person (I know, not your typical Asian), so I thought I'd opt for something slightly less seafood-centric, the Crab Alfredo. Let me just say this is way more food than any single person should ever consume...I barely made a dent...I think I should have just stuck with the soup, salad and biscuits.
Everyone else's dishes looked much more manageable. My mom got the Lobster, Shrimp and Parmesan Scampi.


Phil's parents shared the Lobster Lover's Dream, plus a side of lobster baked potato. Hmm, lobster baked potato...


Phil ordered the Grilled Maine Lobster and Jumbo Shrimp, plus a side of lobster mashed potatoes. Now the lobster mashed potatoes weren't bad. Although with my state of fullness I didn't really eat that much of it. Winnie got the same thing, minus the mashed potatoes.


The food didn't look quite as good as it does on the commercials, but then again it never does. The food was OK, but I have a feeling it'll be another couple years before we go again to fulfill Phil's cheesy biscuit cravings. In the meantime he'll just have to make do with my homemade cheesy biscuits.

1 comment:

Le Chan said...

I just threw up all over a book.