Sunday, July 25, 2010

Baby Shower

My sister threw a baby shower for me on Sunday at her place. Phil and I ran a little late getting there, so when we arrived all our friends and family were already there. We mostly just ate and chatted. My kind of party!


Mandy had setup a little table where people could decorate onesies and bibs for baby Calvin.


After people decorated the onesies and bibs we hung them up to dry. It looked so cute with all the baby clothes hanging like laundry!


My favorite one was the oneside my mom made. It says "Granma loves you", and it wasn't until someone pointed it out to her that she realized she forgot the "d" in "grandma". She used her usual excuse: "English is not my first language." Even though her English is better than most...

In addition to throwing an awesome baby shower, Mandy also made me 2 diaper cakes. Well the first one was actually a diaper tricycle, which was so adorable!! Can you believe it's all made out of baby stuff? - diapers, receiving blankets, baby bottle, pair of mittens, bib, onesie and of course the stuffed Tigger.



She also made another standard diaper cake, also made entirely of baby stuff - diapers, receiving blankets, and baby socks.


Towards the end we started opening presents. There I am with a huge thing of baby bibs, and my oldest friend Susan behind me.


One of my friends from college, Vanessa, bought Calvin a little CMU hoodie/sweatshirt. Ah, where it all began...as much as Phil likes to bash our alma mater, baby Calvin wouldn't be here if it weren't for CMU.


One of Phil's coworkers, Ghimel, ordered us a diaper toy car, again filled with diapers and other baby stuff.

After we got home we actually took it apart - behold all the goodies that were inside! - diapers, wash cloths, mittens, bib and baby blankie. It's hard to imagine all this used to be a car...


My mom even crocheted me a baby blanket.


My old college roommate brought her 9-month old daughter, Mai. She seemed just as excited by all the presents. Actually I think she was more excited about the boxes than what was actually in them, but still... ^__^


While we were opening presents some of my male cousins came back from taking their kids out to see some trains. This is me with my cousin William.


Of course the guys came back just in time for cake! We had a Häagen-Dazs ice cream cake - mint chocolate chip and cookies and cream. Yum! And Jamie brought some ice cream cupcakes from Coldstone Creamery. Who knew they made ice cream cupcakes?


And as people started to leave Mandy had prepared little gifts for everyone to take home - a cute little whisker/egg beater with a chick hatching from an egg as the handle, and a small box of pancake mix. So cute!


Now there's lots of new stuff for baby Calvin to play with, and lots of supplies for me and Phil to clean him with.

No comments: