Sunday, May 1, 2011

Toronto

In the morning we headed out for Toronto to see the rest of my family. So Calvin said his goodbyes to Draydon and Camilyn, and the rest of my cousin's family.



Once we got to Toronto we met up with my Uncle, Aunts and cousins at a Chinese buffet called Sky Walk. Everyone was so happy to see Calvin. Here he is with my Aunt Mei.




And this is my cousin Rosa's daughter, Isabelle.



For most of lunch though Calvin just chilled out in the high chair. Luckily, he's gotten better about sitting on his own, which is good because it gives me and Phil a chance to eat.


I don't remember coming to this buffet before, but apparently my Uncle TiP brings people here all the time, so it's quite possible that I've been before and just don't remember. Anyway, the food was pretty good, but we were super full by the end.




After lunch we said goodbye to everyone and spent the rest of the afternoon with my Uncle TiP and my Aunt Mary Helen. The weather was a bit rainy so we couldn't decide where to go. We ended up visiting a Buddhist temple nearby. It must have been a Guan Yin temple because they had several of her statues everywhere.



It started to rain a bit harder, so next we decided to find shelter somewhere indoors. We went to an indoor market/mall called Market Village. With the setup and the types of stores I felt like I was walking through one of those underground malls in Taiwan. We passed one of those Asian candy shops and we had to stop and take a picture of Calvin with the giant lollipops. We were debating whether they were actually lollipops or lollipop shaped things filled with candy, and trying to figure out how you would even eat a lollipop that big. They're bigger than Calvin's head!


Just like in Taiwan, there were bubble tea shops everywhere - I was in heaven. We picked one of the shops and sat inside to have some tea with my Aunt and Uncle.



Calvin was helping daddy order...




Our last stop was dinner at a restaurant called Day and Night. We were still so full from lunch, but my Uncle recommended it, and we can't say no to food. ^__^
The restaurant was underwater/fish themed. When you walk in there is fisherman's netting hanging all over the place.



Then on the inside of the restaurant there are lots of hanging lights. The atmosphere was nice.




My Aunt Mary Helen said that the restroom was really something, so I had to take a look. And I snuck my camera in with me - don't worry, I made sure no one was in there first. The restroom carried on the ocean theme with netting hanging from the ceiling and murals of fish all over the walls and the stalls.



The coolest part was that the floor was glass with props underneath to make it look like the ocean floor.



They even had a television above the sink that was playing sounds of the ocean. ^__^



Now, on to the food. They had a couple set menus that you could pick from. We split 2 of them between the 4 of us. First they have a salad bar. We tried not to eat too much so we could save room for the rest of the food.



My Aunt and I had king crab legs, which they served in a sauce that was almost like a soup. King crab legs are usually spikey and hard to crack open, but they actually split the legs open for you already which was nice. It made it a lot easier to eat, and with the sauce it tested really good.




Phil and my Uncle both got half a lobster. It was tasty but looked like a lot of work cracking open all the little legs - can't let any of the meat go to waste!


Then everyone got lobster soup. It was kind of like loster bisque, but not as creamy, with little chunks of lobster in it.



Then I had the smoked salmon. I don't normally eat fish, but ever since Calvin was born I've been eating it more. The salmon was really good, but I was so full I only ate a third of it.



Phil got a steak, which he thought was decent. All I have to say is, I have no idea how he managed to finish it. Although I guess this is Phil we're talking about...



Calvin managed to sleep through all of dinner and woke up at the end just in time for dessert. He was so confused when he woke up and just kept looking around. I think he was mesmerized by all of the bright lights.


For dessert everyone got ice cream - either coconut or vanilla. Although Phil and I had a hard time trying to figure out which was coconut and which was vanilla - they looked exactly the same and the tastes were very similar.





It was nice to see everyone and I was glad they finally got to meet Calvin. Hopefully next time we go to Canada for a visit it will be for longer so we can spend more time with everyone.

No comments: