Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Nutcracker

My cousin's son, Benjamin, has been taking ballet classes and has performed in a rendition of the Nutcracker several times in the past several years. This year we decided to make a family outing of it and go check out one of his performances at the Florence Gould Hall theatre in NYC.

We met up with some cousins at a popular restaurant called Sarabeth's. The restaurant is 2 levels and is always packed. Today was no exception, with a line almost out the door, but luckily our cousins already snagged a table. Even the twins, Phoebe and Sarah, came out to join us. Aren't they cute? I can't believe their 7 already...they grow up so fast...


I ordered the Eggs Benedict. I'm usually not a fan of runny eggs, but something about eggs benedict is just so yummy. Although the food was a bit pricey (though I guess not necessarily pricey for NY), it was delicious.


My mom ordered one of their omelettes, which was huge and packed with tons of yummy veggie goodness.


After brunch at Sarabeth's we walked our way to the theatre, to enjoy the sights of NY and walk off the food. When we got to the theatre I wasn't allowed to take any pictures, but I did get a quick shot of the stage with the big Nutcracker sign.


When the show was over we parted ways with the cousins to make our way home. On our way back to Penn Station we passed by Rockefeller Center. Phil and I were just here the weekend before, but mom and Mandy hadn't, so I took a quick picture before we got swept back up in the crowd of people. The tree looked like it had more decorations and lights on it than it did before.



Along the way we stopped in the Anthropologie store so my sister could pick up a present. I don't think I've ever been in an Anthropologie store before, so I'm not sure if this is the regular decor in all of their stores, but this store had several animals fashioned out of plastic silverware and disposable chopsticks. The first one we came across was the peacock with the gigantic tail of chopsticks and plastic spoons.


The also had a fish that had plastic forks for fins and plastic spoons for the gills. There were other animals too, like a fox and an elephant, but these 2 I thought were the best.

No comments: