Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Girls in Brooklyn

One of my old college roommates, Amy, came to visit from Australia. She's on summer break there from her vet program so she came by to visit. This was the first time I'd seen her since 2006. The first night she was here we brought her to Penang, a Maylasian restaurant not too far from our house. Phil doesn't like this place as much as the Maylasian restaurant in Chinatown that we normally go to, but I think the food is still relatively good.


While Amy was in town we drove into Brooklyn to visit our other roommate, Le, and baby Mai. It was the first time the 3 of us girls had been together since graduation. So I got to have my second visit with baby Mai. She does pretty well around strangers, at least for now, who knows once she gets older and more aware. She's surprisingly strong for a 1-month old (she can almost lift up and support her head on her own), and so cute!


Mai settled in for a nap, so the girls and I got to work baking some oatmeal raisin cookies.


Auntie Amy and Mai after she woke up from her nap.


Later that night we went out for dinner to a Thai restaurant in Brooklyn called Beet. It was the first time for all of us so we weren't sure what to expect. The inside was nicely decorated, and the lighting gave everything a reddish glow.


I think my favorite thing was the buddha painting that was hanging from one of the walls. The painting style gave it an interesting texture.


I ordered the pineapple fried rice, which had raisins in it among other things. I was a little skeptical about raisins in fried rice, but it actually tasted really good. And the rice came in the shape of a star! They definitely get an "A" for creativity. Based on the food we ordered I'd recommend the place if you're ever in the area.


And of course a picture with the girls. ^__^

3 comments:

Le Ngo said...

YAY I love this post!

Le Ngo said...

Umm yea.. ignore the whole "Ms. Ngo" thing. I use blogspot to send announcements to my students... Haha!

T said...

No problem, Ms. Ngo. ^__^
I hope Mai's doing well!!