Saturday, December 5, 2009

Skylark

On Amy's last day in Jersey we wanted to take her somewhere special, somewhere uniquely Jersey. So we went to a diner ^__^
Aside from diners the only more abundant thing in Jersey are shopping malls. There was one diner in particular that Phil and I always pass on the highway but have never tried before called Skylark. So we decided to give it a try. I should have taken a picture of the outside. It's definitely unique, and a lot flashier than a lot of diners in the area.

The inside feels more like a restaurant than a diner, though that's not necessarily a bad thing. Here I am with Amy as we waited for our food.


They had some interesting things on their menu. Phil tried their Memphis omelette, which was barbequed pulled pork with onions and cheese. I dont' think I've ever heard of pulled pork in an omelette. Not exactly the tastiest omelette in my opinion, but to each their own.

Amy had strawberry pancakes - a good classic. You can't really go wrong with pancakes. And if you do...then you're in trouble...

The highlight though, in my opinion, was the Sky High French Toast. With a name like that I was anticipating it to be a big, but not quite this big...It was 3 pieces of french toast stacked together with layers of strawberries, bananas, raspberry jam, and cream cheese. Sounds like a strange combination, but it was delicious! Needless to say I did not finish the whole thing, but it tasted just as good as leftovers. ^__~

It was a good last meal before Amy's flight home. Maybe next time we see her it'll be on a trip to Australia!

No comments: