Wednesday, November 24, 2010

More Visiting Cousins

As we get closer to the Thanksgiving holiday we had more family come to visit. This time it was my cousin Susan and family, and my cousin Nora and her son Joseph. Both of them are one of the few relatives on my side of the family that don't live in Canada. Mandy and Maddy came by to join in the festivities. Maddy really loves sleeping on pillows. She looks so comfy in her cute little leg warmers.


For once Calvin and Maddy are not crying and scaring each other. They had some nice cousin-bonding-cuddle time.


Since neither of them was really sleeping we decided to un-swaddle them and let them just hang out. They did surprisingly well and managed to play nice. They only wacked each other in the face once or twice...


Calvin found a nice comfy spot being held by cousin Nora.


After all the cousins left Mandy got to spend some quality time with the babies while I did some baking in the kitchen for Thanksgiving. She was pulling double baby duty - very impressive!


I noticed that Maddy is way more flexible than Calvin. How she can sleep with her legs bent all the way up like that?


And the finished product from my baking frenzy - 2 pumpkin cheesecakes. It was my first time making a cheesecake, but it actually wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. Although mixing the cream cheese by hand was a little challenging. The crust seemed a little thin, but overall I think it came out OK. We'll see on Thanksgiving!

No comments: