Thursday, October 22, 2009

Brooklyn Birthday/Baby Shower/Apt Warming

Last Saturday we headed out to Brooklyn to visit one of my college roommates at her new apartment to celebrate her new place, her birthday and her new baby who is due in 3 weeks (well actually closer to 2 weeks now)! So much to celebrate.

I couldn't go empty handed so I put some finishing touches on the diaper cake I worked on last month. Can you tell it's for a girl?


When we arrived Le and Gabe were cooking up a storm. I'm still not sure how she managed to stay on her feet all day cooking while 8 months pregnant, but the food was delicious. And their kitchen, as well as the rest of the apartment, was surprisingly roomy and new.


Yay - ex-roomies!


One of the girls at the party who also went to school with us had these crazy shoes. I think she called them finger shoes. They're like toe socks, but they're shoes with rubbery bottoms. Crazy, uh? These shoes sparked quite a debate with lots of questions - like do they really provide enough support? or what if your toes are abnormally sized? Who knows, maybe they'll be the next big craze.

No comments: