Monday, October 26, 2009

Dinner in Princeton with the Cousins

We spent the afternoon on Saturday in Princeton with a few of my cousins that are in the area. This particular family of cousins is very into cooking and wine, so there's always lots of good food when we get together.

We sat and talked before dinner over some cheese and crackers, and mom's sweet meatballs. It's always nice to have some fancy cheese every now and then.


While the adults talked and my cousin prepped for dinner, the "kids" played some Wii bowling. Phil's helping my cousin's son Joseph (my second cousin? I can never remember...) with his turn. But what's that thing he's holding in his other hand?


I guess Phil got bored in between turns and started building something with Joseph's Zoo Links. It's Bugs Bunny on wheels! Looks like I might need to start buying some toys for Phil to play with at home too...


After a while people spread out around the house doing random things - playing wii, talking, playing with the kids. I started looking around for Phil and I found him in a pile of plastic food. Phil must have been so hungry. He's holding the fake hot dog bun thinking: "I know it's only plastic, but I'm so hungry...should I eat it?..." Actually I think he was trying to figure out why the 2 hot dog buns looked different, but I like my interpretation better...


I stopped in the kitchen to take a look at what my cousin William was cooking up. All I have to say is that is one huge chunk of meat.


It was time to set the table and get everyone ready for dinner. Mandy and Benjamin look like they're ready.


Group photo! This is everyone minus Phil.


After dinner we did some clean up and relaxed while the kids played more wii. I took a picture of Mandy and Tam on the couch resting. They look so relaxed and comfortable, even though Tam looks like he has her in a choke hold...


It wasn't long before someone fell into a food coma. I have to admit I was surprised when it wasn't Phil.


Although he wasn't very far behind...


After the boys woke up from their post-dinner naps we had some ice cream. Vanilla with fresh mango pieces - yum!


Isn't baby Jennifer so cute with her bowl of ice cream? I have some great videos of her singing her rendition of "Row, Row, Row Your Boat". Hopefully I'll get a chance to post that soon.


Bye bye to the cousins for now. Maybe we'll get to see them again during the holidays.

No comments: