Saturday, January 9, 2010

Congee Village and Brooklyn

After the holidays and the trip to Cleveland, we finally made our first trip into NYC after New Years. We met up with Phil's family, some of his cousins and his aunt and uncle. We went to Congee Village, which we hadn't been to in a while. We had the Chinese fried donuts with sweet sauce, my personal favorite.


Ribs and noodles in a stew type broth.

We tried their "famous" fried chicken. According to Phil's cousin, Lucia, it took them 4 years to perfect this chicken. I have to say it was pretty good. Definitely worth the 4 years of work.

Then there was the deep fried tofu, which looked and tasted more like regular fried tofu. But it was super yummy. I'm not sure what the sauce was, but whatever it was tasted really good.

And beef noodles. You're hungry now, aren't you? ^__~

After lunch Phil and I headed over to Brooklyn to pick up some blown up photos from our wedding photographer. I was able to snag a quick photo of the Brooklyn Bridge while we were driving across the Manhattan Bridge. It was just with my point-and-click camera, taken from a moving car, but I thought it turned out kind of nice. The sun shining out from behind the bridge makes it seem so much warmer than it really was.

After Brooklyn we headed back to Phil's parent's house in Queens for dinner. My sister had brought us back a lot of chocolate from her trip to Turkey, so we decided to try one out. It's called "Rodeo", and it basically has all of the same ingredients as a Snicker's bar, but it wasn't as sweet. I actually think I liked it better than a Snickers.

Here's Phil chowing down on his Rodeo bar, apparently having a little trouble with the caramel.

No comments: