Saturday, August 21, 2010

Friendly's with Friends

We've been trying to keep our weekends low key since the baby is supposed to come soon, so I spent Saturday at home watching movies with my highschool friend, Jamie. After some movie watching and some Band Hero playing (Phil's new toy), we decided to head out for dinner. Phil's coworker, Anand, came by to join us. Destination: Friendly's - the only "chain" restaurant in our town.

The meal was off to a good start - Phil and I shared a mint chocolate chip milkshake. Can you believe there was so much milkshake that entire tin cup is almost full to the brim with more milkshake? I guess I'm not that surprised since their milkshakes have 5 scoops of ice cream...No complaints here though! ^__~

And the bendy straw they gave us was one of the color changing ones that turns blue when it's cold. I haven't seen those since I was in grade school!

The main reason we decided to go to Friendly's was because of their new sandwich - the Grilled Cheese Burger Melt. A burger served between 2 grilled cheese sandwiches. Phil was practically drooling when he saw the ad for it. This is what it was supposed to look like...

This is what he ended up getting...it was definitely much more smooshed looking than we expected.


I ordered their queso burger melt, which was basically just a burger sandwiched in toast instead of buns, with queso and tortilla strips. It was OK, but the burger was kind of dry. If the burger was a little tastier it would have been perfect. Even this sandwich looked bigger than Phil's burger melt.


There's my friend Jamie, getting ready to chow down on her chicken bruschetta supermelt. I guess we haven't been hanging out enough recently for her to be used to my compulsive picture taking...


I couldn't finish my whole burger sandwich, so Phil decided to combine my sandwich with his to try and make something that looked more like the pictures.


A little bit better, right? I still think it's funny that my burger sandwich was bigger.


And then it was time for the best part of the meal - dessert! I know, even after that 5 scoop milkshake, but you can't go to Friendly's and not get dessert. Phil and I shared the forbidden brownie chocolate sundae (or at least I think that's what it was called). He can't wait for me to finish taking my picture so he can dig in.


Ah, so much ice cream...but so good... ^__^

No comments: