Monday, August 30, 2010

Hospital Day 1 - Baby Calvin has arrived!

August 30th was a special day - Phil and I welcomed the newest addition to our family, baby Calvin! It was a surprisingly quick labor and delivery (a little under 7 hours for the entire labor, only 1 hour and 45 minutes of which were actually spent in the hospital), so his head wasn't too cone-shaped. He was born at 9:42am. Here he is freshly wiped down and weighed right after the delivery, all 7 lbs. 7 ounces of him. I'm not really sure who he looks like, me or Phil, but he definitely has my nose!

They took the baby off to the nursery to get fully cleaned off and dressed. Afterwards they brought him to my recovery room in a separate wing of the hospital. Thankfully the hospital ordered some food for me because I was hungry!


There he is completely knocked out. Phil likes to call this Calvin's "Rocky" pose. I guess despite my best efforts he still came out as a Rocky after all.

Not sure if this is true for all newborns but he sure does like to flail his arms around when he sleeps.

Calvin's Auntie Mandy came to visit later that afternoon. Calvin's squishing his cousin Madeline in this picture. Madeline is due in another month. I think Mandy is hoping that her labor/deliver is just as quick.

Calvin also got visits from both sets of grandparents. My mom had a trip scheduled around the time of Calvin's actual due date, so she was very happy that he came early so she didn't miss his arrival.

Phil's parents drove in all the way from New York to see him.

And he got his very first lucky red envelope from his Grandpa.

My brother-in-law, Tam, came by to say hello too. Its good practice for him when the big day for Madeline comes along.

Baby and daddy - so cute!



Calvin stayed asleep for most of the day. It seems like he's taking after Phil already with his ability to sleep through anything and everything. But we did catch a few minutes where he was awake with eyes wide open.



But he seems so much more content when he's sleeping. I think I detect the hint of a smile! ^__^

No comments: