Saturday, August 28, 2010

Mandy's Birthday Dinner

Mandy's birthday is coming up on Wednesday, but since getting together during the week is difficult we are celebrating a little early. With all the consulting she does she ends up eating out a lot, so we decided to enjoy a home cooked meal at home. This time my mom did all the cooking so I got a little break. And we finally have a dining room table that can fit everyone! (me, mom, Mandy, Tam, and Phil behind the camera)


My mom made smoked salmon with an onion/fish egg topping that was actually pretty good - and coming from someone that doesn't really eat seafood that has to count for something. And some beef stir fry and spicy pork chops.


I was going to make a cake for Mandy, but didn't end up having time, so I bought a cheesecake sampler from Wegman's. They always have really good desserts.


I even busted out some candles so we could sing happy birthday - 8 for good luck. She looks so happy in this picture. Hopefully that means she enjoyed her birthday dinner.

No comments: