Saturday, September 10, 2011

Japan - Day 1

I had to conduct a week long training class out of our Tokyo office. It's also been over 2 years since I've visited my family in Taiwan, so after my week of training is done I'm scheduled to spend a week in Taiwan. That's 2 whole weeks without my Calvin - considering I've never spent more than 20 hours away from him that's a very long time. So, I made my way to Japan, with a quick stop over in the Chang Kai Shek Airport in Taipei. One of the things I miss about Taiwan is the food, so I was excited when I went to grab some food during my layover. Unfortunately, the food was not that good. I ordered pork over rice and it came with soup and a small salad. I guess I should have known that airport food is often a toss up anywhere you go.


The gate where I was departing from had a huge display dedicated to Japanese marionettes. Themed gates are definitely not something you usually see. Especially ones with TV displays.



And an interactive game...I didn't try it, but I think you're supposed to stand in front of the TV screen and move your hands around to move things on the screen.



Finally, after leaving Newark on Thursday night, I arrived into Japan on Saturday evening. 2 days lost thanks to layovers and the time difference. It was nice to finally settle into the hotel room. The room is tiny by American standards, but not really that bad. I've been in smalller...Plus it has the added bonus of being right down the street from the office, so no crammed train commute in the morning - yay!




For dinner I had my traditional supermarket meal. This time was black bean noodles, or at least the Japanese version, and some veggie slices. The Japanese always do such a good job of packaging and compartmentalizing everything to keep it fresh.


No comments: