Monday, September 12, 2011

Japan - Day 3 (Mid-Autumn Festival)

Monday was the first day of my training class. My company's office in Tamachi is getting a bit small, so they started renting a new office space, which is where my training was held. It's probably almost 3 times as big as the old office space, but not entirely furnished just yet. At the moment only 6 workstations and a TV screen to project onto specifically for the training clsas.


When we broke for lunch I met up with all my coworkers along with one of the training class attendees. We went to a restaurant nearby. I ordered some kind of fried chicken with rice.



Some of my coworkers - Junghoo, Saeki and Steve.





This is me and Sharon, my work twin. This was also our first time meeting after working together for over a year. When she first started at the company a lot of people thought she was me. I guess we kind of look a little alike...




Me and Sharon with Chiaki, another coworker.



I hadn't been planning on going out that night after class, but Sharon reminded me it was Mid-Autumn festival. She had plans to meet some friends in Roppongi to celebrate with some mooncakes and she invited me along. We were supposed to be meeting her friends in a small park called Midtown park in the middle of the city. When we got there the park was packed with people. It turns out there was an open yoga session in the park that evening. Somehow they managed to pack 825 people in that tiny park. Not too long after we arrived the session started and everyone was stretching, while we sat and ate mooncake...



Even though it felt weird sitting in the midst of all these people doing yoga, there was a perfect view of the moon. And we joined in on the yoga every now and then.



Sharon's friends had also brought some beef jerky. The good stuff - the Asian-style beef jerky, not the American kind. It was so good. That combined with the mooncake made for a perfect evening.




Me, Sharon and her friends post yoga/mooncake celebration.



No comments: