Monday, September 19, 2011

Taiwan - Day 3 (Relatives)

On our 3rd day we went to visit some relatives. First it was out of the city a little ways to visit my youngest aunt. We always make sure to visit her every time we're in Taiwan. I know she must have been excited to meet Maddy.



We took my aunt out to lunch at the hot spring club that my Grandpa used to belong to as a perk from the bank where he used to work. Maddy liked watching the fish in the fountain outside.



The restaurant is very small and there's only one person in the kitchen. The food is decent, but nothing super amazing. This is their fish ball and melon soup.



I ordered a beef curry. It was better than I was expecting. It was a little weird because it seemed like every dish came with a fried egg. Nothing against eggs, just not the first thing I think of when I think curry.



After lunch my uncle ordered this puff casserole dish. It was kind of a cross between a cheesy casserole and a soup...



After we dropped off my aunt we headed back into Taipei to meet up with my cousin, Vera at her new place. She has 2 kids of her own so Maddy was able to find lots of fun toys to play with.


Her daughter, Kuan, was a little shy so she had to hide out in her brother's room with her grandma and grandpa. Every time she saw us she would burst into tears.



Right before we were ready to leave Kuan finally started to warm up to us - in other words was able to be in the same room with us without crying. I think it had to do with the TV being on. Apparently they're only allowed to watch a limited amount of TV. Even Maddy joined them for some cartoons.




For dinner we decided to stay in so we could spend more quality time with my grandma. Even at home though there's plenty of food to eat!


No comments: