Friday, May 14, 2010

Cleveland Visitors/Eating Tour Day 1

This weekend our friends, Steve and Rebecca, came to visit us from Cleveland. The last time we saw them was New Years, so it was exciting to see them again. Phil had to work on Friday, so I took Steve and Rebecca out on the town. After a quick breakfast at home we headed to Phil's company store for some half-priced shopping. And then we headed into Westfield for lunch at Fujiyama Mama.

Steve is excited about the half-price sushi. I ordered the entire plate of sushi on the right and the lady who took our order gave me a look like I was crazy, but I shared - I swear!


Me and Rebecca getting ready to dig in.


After lunch we walked around Westfield. It's a nice little area with all kinds of stores and restaurants. Once we'd walked off the sushi I took them to the Chocolate Bar, which is a cute little dessert shop that has fresh gelato and fudge covered everything. The owner there is very nice. Steve was mesmerized by all the fudge.


Everyone ordered some gelato, and boy was it tasty. ^__^


I had made the infamous Double Tree cookies especially for Steve and Rebecca's visit, but when Phil came home from work he brought back an entire plate full of cookies...We were on cookie overload. But I guess you can never really have too many cookies. I think Steve and Rebecca were also shocked by the amount of cookies...


For dinner we headed out to the Edison Noodle House by our house. Phil and I had only eaten take-out from this restaurant once before, but we remembered it being pretty good so we decided to give eating at the actual restaurant a shot. We decided the place seemed relatively authentic judging by the number of Korean people eating in the restaurant.
Before the meal they serve the typical Korean pre-meal "snacks" - sweet stewed potatoes, kimchi, and some other items.


Phil ordered an udon noodle soup, which he seemed to enjoy. He's actually smiling in this picture for once. Although he won't be smiling for long when he realizes the cover is still on his spoon.


Rebecca ordered their homemade noodle with seafood, I think. That's a big bowl of noodles!


Steve and I both ordered the homemade noodle in beef broth. Steve said the broth tasted like hamburgers, which I guess it kind of did. The noodles were delicious. Edison noodle house indeed.

No comments: