Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day @ Mr. Pi's

For Mother's Day we went out for sushi at a place near our house called Mr. Pi's. Mandy and my mom frequent this place quite often apparently - not only did the waitress know them but she knew their "usual" orders. We took a group photo before digging into our food.


Mandy and my mom both ordered sushi/sashimi.


Phil and I both ordered don buri (rice bowl dishes). Katsu don buri (fried pork cutlet) for Phil and the Oyako don (chicken and egg) for me. Doesn't it look yummy?


Sadly, no picture of Tam's udon noodle soup, so you'll have to imagine that one on your own.
I didn't try their sushi, but I thought the food was decent. It has the added bonus of being so close to where we live.
The following day we took Phil's mom out for dim sum in Flushing, but no pictures from that outing (-__-) ... don't worry though, I promise there will be more pictures to come soon from our latest adventures!

No comments: